8 Easy Ways to Prevent Falling
- Take all your prescribed medications regularly. If your medications are making you feel unwell, talk to your doctor.
- Get an eye exam by an eye doctor every two years.
- Drink water. Dehydration can lead to dizziness and falls.
- Keep physically active to prevent stiff joints. Consult a physiotherapist about an exercise plan. Check with your doctor before starting an exercise regime.
- Get enough sleep at night so you can remain alert during the day.
- Use night lights, especially for the path from the bedroom to the bathroom.
- Keep your environment clean and clutter free. Prevent falls in the bathroom by ensuring your floors are kept dry and by installing mats in the shower stall.
- Limit your alcohol intake and DO NOT mix alcohol with medications.