The Evaluation Analyst works within Digital Emergency Medicine (DigEM) unit in UBC Department of Emergency Medicine, and will primarily support the interCultural Online health Network (iCON) Program, one of the major programs within DigEM. iCON is a community-driven health promotion initiative working to advance person- and family-centred care, that is culturally appropriate and culturally safe. This position will also support other DigEM projects as needed. This position will be responsible for planning, management and day- to-day execution of evaluation and research components from iCON and assigned DigEM projects. This position will be required to coordinate and implement a quality improvement evaluation approach which measures reach and impact of complex and multi-portfolio programming. Day-to-day execution of evaluation activities will include development of digital surveys and focus group guides/interviews, etc. for a range of audiences (multicultural older adults, health professionals, community leaders, etc.) and managing data analysis and reporting processes.
- Oversees and coordinates quality improvement evaluation strategies which measures reach and impact of complex and multi-portfolio programming.
- Oversees data collection, analysis and write-up and monitors/guides staff in research activities (e.g. prepares ethics reviews, conducts surveys, interviews, focus groups, as well as analysis and write-up, etc.).
- Responsible for procedural and administrative aspects of projects including budget for assigned components of the program.
- Serves as the designated point-of-contact for project participants and partners.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of project plans and critical paths for successful completion of projects and project deliverables.
- Develops and implements systems for data administration and analysis across the project.
- Participates in co-developing and drafting publications, conference presentations, and other project dissemination activities, including social media outreach.
- Liaises with principal investigator, co-investigators, Steering and Advisory Committees, and Digital Emergency Medicine management and staff who work on projects and related activities.
- Participates as a member of project Executive Committees and provides reports on progress.
- Contributes to and participates in project/initiative promotions, communications, advocacy, knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- Manages and contributes to monthly and quarterly reporting processes for government agencies and key stakeholders.
- Coordinates project activities and provides team communications, updates, and reports.
- Drafts sections of grant applications and works collaboratively with investigators to write and submit funding proposals and progress reports.
- Conducts surveys, interviews, focus groups, as well as analysis and write-up of findings.
- Procures and negotiates service contracts and invoices as needed.
- Manages participant recruitment and registration for project events and studies as needed.
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team dynamic, and work with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in program evaluation design and implementation for quality improvement.
- Demonstration in knowledge and skills in design of mixed-method data collection tools and data analysis.
- Proficient in the use of digital survey development platforms e.g., Qualtrics and RedCap, data analysis software e.g., NVivo and SPSS, related technical skills MS Office, and, and familiarity with online literature search tools and databases.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines without compromising the quality of outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to show initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated analytical, written and presentation skills applicable to preparing strategic and operational plans, reports, submissions and briefings regarding complex strategic and operational issues.
- Effective negotiation and consultation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships and liaise effectively with stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to occasionally work on weekends or outside of regular work hours for operational reasons or to meet research deliverables.
Posting End Date: October 30, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.