2021 Chinese Health Forum: Take Charge of Your Health – Preventing and Managing Stroke
On Saturday, March 6th and Sunday, March 7th, 2021, iCON hosted the 2021 virtual Chinese Health Forum: “Take Charge of Your Health – Preventing and Managing Stroke”.
This FREE online, interactive forum included a panel of 7 health experts from different disciplines, namely Dr. Thomas Ho (family physician), Dr. Samuel Yip (neurologist), Dr. Richard Ho (rehabilitation medicine specialist), Dr. Tigerson Young (registered psychologist), Jo Jo Wang (registered dietitian), Wendy Lam (occupational therapist), and Winnie Lau (registered psychiatric nurse).
During the 2 day event, the panel discussed the early detection, risk factors, prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of stroke. Specific topics included:
- Preventing stroke: tips for lowering your risk of stroke
- How to recognize the symptoms of stroke
- What to do in times of emergency – When to seek help and treatment when you experience a stroke
- Post stroke management: techniques for managing your physical and mental health after a stroke
- Where and how to access support in the community
The presentations were delivered in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English live interpretation. Both sessions were very well attended, with over 2000 participants in total from across BC, Canada, and the world.
You can watch the recordings for Part 1 here:
You can watch the recordings for Part 2 here:
The iCON team would like to thank our media and community partners, health exhibitors, supporters, participants, and speakers for contributing to the success of our virtual health forum this year.