This webpage is your hub for all of the documents and resources affiliated with the Train the Trainer program. Browse the Modules below to access related documents and PowerPoints. For any questions or group discussions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Digital Health Literacy program and the associated Train the Trainer series are an iCON initiative.
Within these resources, we will explore a variety of topics related to Webinars, Presentation Skills, Tailoring for your Audience, and Preparation Skills. This tab provides something to learn for presenters of all levels, and will help you to plan effective webinars for your community group.
Module 1: How to Use Zoom Effectively
Zoom is a free platform that allows you to video chat with other users. This can be a great digital tool for connecting with family, friends, or even a medical provider. In this module, we will cover beginner, intermediate, and advanced features available on this platform, as well as discuss other digital communication tools.
- Introduction to Zoom & Joining a Zoom Meeting (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)
- Participating in a Zoom Meeting (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)
- Creating a Zoom Account (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)
Module 2: How to Identify High Quality Health Information Online
With a wide variety of websites, blogs, and social media accounts sharing information online, it can be challenging to identify which information is trustworthy and which is not. In this module, we will explore some key criteria to check for when looking at health information online, provide an overview of some high quality online medical resources, and share tools to use to help analyze the quality of online sources.
- Module 2 Powerpoint (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)
- Trusted Online Medical Resources (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)
Module 3: How to Talk to Your Healthcare Provider Using Virtual Care
Virtual healthcare is a rapidly growing area, especially during COVID-19 where staying at home can reduce anxiety and decrease risk. Connecting with your healthcare providers using online platforms like Zoom or over the phone is a great option for some types of healthcare appointments. In this session, we will explore the meaning of virtual care, discuss what can and cannot be done using virtual visits, and provide some resources to access care providers virtually.
- Module 3 Powerpoint (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)
- Guide to Virtual Visits with Your Healthcare Provider (English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Punjabi)